Ever Wanted to Hire A Privatized Mercenary Army?

Well, if the thought ever occurred to you that you might need protection from some gun toting enemy, look no further than Blackwater security. These US trained commandos are the best money can buy. I know this because my own government is using this organization for a host of functions, most notably fighting terrorists in Iraq. It wouldn't be of much interest to me that the US of A is doing this other than the fact that this is just another example of private firms winning lucrative contracts to rebuild/guard/fight in Iraq. It seems obvious to me that somebody (CEOs) must be profiting off this unpopular war and one way to do is award contracts to corporations with ties to heads of state. Anyways, I found this video and thought it was interesting.
Also, check out this article about Blackwater's role in the Post-Katrina mess.

0 comments: